Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Things that make me happy

I decided to do a new list of things that make me happy. Mostly because since Brent broke his leg it is time for me to count my blessings.

It makes me happy to hear really good lines in songs. You know the kind that speak to your soul. For example, Bret Michaels, "sometimes I wished I didn't know now the things I didn't know then"...deep.

It makes me happy to serve my husband. I am just sorry he had to break his leg so I could. Most of our marriage has been him taking care of me after delivering babies of other various surgeries. I am glad to give back a little.

It makes me happy to see my older two kids making great choices. They have a good head on their shoulders and I love so much the good things about them.

It makes me happy to see Jason and Tyler have so much fun in life. Their life revolves around being entertained and having fun. Pretty soon that will be gone so I play with them as much as I can because I know I will miss when they don't need me anymore.

It makes me happy to have my computed run fast. It's a little thing but makes me smile.

The holidays make me very happy! I love Santa, I love getting together with families and enjoying the spirit of the holidays.

My brothers and sisters and mom make me happy. I am glad we are all close in the sense that we enjoy each others company and like to get together. They all mean so much to me, I am glad my kids get to know their aunts and uncles.

I have lost 25 lbs since June. Not that it makes me happy cuz really I was happy before but I am glad I did it. now if I gain Christmas weight I won't feel too bad!

The new maverick by my house makes me happy. Remember when we had to go ALL THE WAY to Harmon's for milk? Those days are over...

Bed time makes me happy. I love the kids but when they all go to bed and it is quiet, I can talk to Brent. I love to talk to him.

Brent makes me happy. He's my best friend, he's my rock, and I rely on him for so much. I don't want to think about what I would do without him, I need him.

I am happy the kids aren't sick. We were all a bit sick for a few weeks but for now everyone is well. (knock on wood)

Ipods make me happy. Whenever I need to check out of life for a minute I throw in my headphones and I listen to a song to help me calm down and than I am good to go again. I love music.

I feel so blessed and happy to have such wonderful friends. You all mean a lot to me, you may have know idea how much I admire each and everyone of you for your many different strengths. I learn from your successes and hope to be like you in so many ways. Love you all!

4 comments:

brees said...

You look great!! I was going to tell you that at Thanksgiving and I didn't :) What have you been doing, running???

Linda Barton said...

Ya Brooke, I run...mostly stress though. Thanks so much,I appreciate it!

Nate said...

You made me think...

It's funny but my work makes me happy. Not that I like work; in fact, I actually hate it. However, I like that I have work and can do the work I have. So I don't like work, but it makes me happy.

Maybe it is just that my wife likes "cute boots" and it makes me happy to buy them. Who knows.

My home makes me happy. I don't care how big or small it is. I like the feeling when I walk through my home right before bed and the house is calm, warm, and I know it is protecting my family from the outside world.

I have more, but it's your blog. Love ya sis.

Mia said...

I would say, more than anyone I know, that you make a consistent and meaningful effort to be kind and loving and grateful. You inspire me to do better and to be better. And somehow you manage to inspire in a down-to-earth kind of way, with a spirit of humility that makes me feel like I can actually make some progress myself :)