-I had a rough year, I am grateful I will never be 36 again.
-hopefully I learned the lessons so I won't repeat all of my mistakes
-I am grateful to have teenagers. ( if I weren't so old, I wouldn't have them)
-I am grateful to still have small kids too, now that I'm older, I let some of the small stuff go
-I am learning that most things that upset me are small things
-I am working on letting go of the things that bother me about myself that I know I will never change.
- I am learning some lessons in life are about overcoming faults and some lessons are about enduring to the end and always getting up when you fall.
-The lord knows us all individually. my testimony of this is strengthened on this topic almost daily.
-He hears you when you pray and needs our help to help each other.
-I've learned not to ignore a prompting.
-Random thoughts pop in my head for a reason. The only time I ever have regrets about them is when I don't act on the thought.
-It hurts my feelings to hear people criticize others.
-I know I'm not perfect but I hope I am getting better about being more compassionate and understanding about others situations and problems.
-I am trying to learn how to show my children love in the way that they recognize it. I guess it's called their "love language"....I hear there's a book about it....maybe some day I'll read it.
-I've learned that when I say "maybe someday" I might as well say never. :) But it's the thought that counts.
-Sometimes it really is the thought that counts to me.
-tonight my 7 year old said I was an awful mom...10 years ago that would have made me cry. Tonight I simply (for 30 min) explained why I am not an awful mom just because I make him eat dinners that he doesn't like. Being 37 has given me confidence in my mothering skills so a comment like that doesn't manipulate me.
-if the same 7 year old winks at me and says I love you....than let the manipulation begin :)
-I've learned to stand up for myself.
- I've learned that"just because I can, doesn't mean I should"...dang it.
-I'm learning that life isn't only always about the big changes you make but the sum total of all the small ones.
-I love my family more than I ever could have imagined loving anything in my life.
-They are worth all the anxiety, worry or random name calling that I endure.
-it's a reminder that they are acting their respective ages....adjustments usually need to be made on my end.
-I have been with my husband now longer than I was without him, I am madly in love with him.
-over 20 years of being married to him or dating him has taught me that there is no one for me but Brent. I love him more that the day we were married.
I am tired for now, maybe I'll post more later....ya probably not.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday! You may be a year older, but you are also a year wiser!
Profound as usual, along with your trademark awesome sense of humor. Love you.
Post a Comment