Monday, June 13, 2011

New chapter

Lately, it's not that I have no time to blog...I just haven't felt like doing it. I enjoy reading "all-ya'alls" blogs, just don't like to post on mine. Tonight I make an exception because I changed the background. That's all...just the background.
It's summertime for the big kids, but Tyler is still on track. It's been good, but I look forward to sleeping in (ya right).
Today my baby turned 4. It's weird to me because with the gap I have in my family, I have had all my kids in school, but I knew we weren't finished in the baby stage of life. This time....I'm pretty sure we are done. I am looking forward to sending a missionary out in 2 1/2 years and having my second child drive in 2 years. It's time to turn a page. Make no mistake, I'm glad to turn the page...little kids are hard for me. If you yell to loud, sometimes they cry....weird. But, it's feels different to be needed in a new way. Not less needed like I once assumed...just different.
Well, I need to put the finishing touches on my...I mean....Tyler's Great Brain project so that's all for now. Except one funny family thing.
-Tonight we were looking at pictures of Jason and came across his first day of preschool picture. He used to call it "pretty school" instead of preschool and since he's the 4th kid we didn't correct him. Anyways, Tyler said "I almost went to pretty school, but they took one look at me and realized that I didn't need it". He is so quick, he also has the delivery down cold. He didn't smile, just looked at us as if he was saying, "you know I'm right". He's 7. I'm in trouble. :)

2 comments:

Jill said...

lol! Way to go Tyler. I appreciate a well delivered joke. You are an awesome Mom and are doing (and will do) great in this new chapter of life. Thanks for the example.

Mia said...

Hahahaha. That Tyler has your awesome sense of humor!