Sunday, July 17, 2011

My beautiful daughter turned 14 yesterday (sigh). I am constantly amazed by her maturity, wisdom and over all amazingness. I feel so lucky to have her in our family. She has a strong testimony of the Gospel, she is a wonderful friend, she tries hard to say kind things to and about anyone she knows and last but not least she is an incredible helper. I depend on her so much. Her attitude is usually good about helping at home with babysitting or chores. She just does what we ask with little complaining. I feel lucky to have one more girl in our boy-filled house. She loves to shop with me and is great company. I have told any one who asks about the ages of my kids that she is fourteen (for about six months now). She just seems older to me. She is beautiful, talented and sweet. Since she is now fourteen, she can go to stake dances and youth conference. So far, she hasn't given me anything to worry about with boys (which is another thing I like about her). I love you Katelyn!!!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

One of my favorite things about Katelyn is she is just plain NICE! There are so many kids out there that don't care to be kind to others, but she is always saying great things to encourage others and is a great friend. (and of course, she is gorgeous too!) Happy birthday Katelyn!!

Silver Strands said...

Happy birthday to your daughter! My youngest turns 14 in 2 weeks ... but she'll still be my baby forever :)

PS - found you on Middle Aged Morman Man