Friday, February 21, 2014

Crazy life

Jason and Jared
The reason I go do long in between posts is that I wait for something clever/witty. It doesn't usually happen. So today, I wanted to share a few thoughts on family and having a missionary.
I never knew how blessed I'd be for my sons missionary service. Almost weekly, lately, he's sharing some amazing faith building story. I could never replicate that experience at home. He's in the right place, taking every advantage open to him for growth. I am so proud! One thing he writes often is a reminder to never waste a day. Time is going fast for him right now. I learn from him. He always encourages us to not waste any day. That's great advice! Serve with all your heart, might, mind and strength. I realize how much time of mine is unproductive. I'm working on it.
I miss him like crazy, but would never change it because of the incredible experiences that he's having in Mexico.He's just been transferred to the city. I know it will come with new challenges and blessings. Every week I can see the growth in his testimony and his ability to rely on the Lord. (what more could I ask for) Our family prays for his safety daily. My younger boys even are talking about places they would like to serve a mission. What a great example!!(big mom smile)
I love the Gospel, I love the joy it brings to families as they progress toward baptism.
Life is great!!

No comments: