Thursday, March 18, 2010

Name them one by one....

With all the chaos and mayhem in my home this week I decided to take a moment to count my blessings.

I am thankful for the extra time to spend with Brent. Life is moving so fast and this past year we seem to go in different directions with alternating pairs of children. So, unemployment has given me 24/7 access to the person I love and admire most in the world.

I am thankful to be married to my best friend.

We have been able to go to the temple twice this month.

I only have one sick kid right now.

My kids have wonderful friends who are good influences.

Since Brent is home, picking up Jared after school to get him to practice at the HS (while the little dude is sleeping) isn't a hard thing.

I am recognizing the Lord's hand in my life especially right now.

We have awesome friends and who mean so much to us and uplift me daily.

With daylight savings, Tyler and Jason are sleeping in until 10:00. (suh-weet!)

Jared finished the BOM for the first time this week. He is preparing for his Patriarchal Blessing and set a goal to have it read before he did it.

I feel like I have a lot of time on my hands during the day.

With Brent home, I can do hair during the day which frees up my evenings for family time.

I am thankful that things could be worse.

I will be 36 soon and am happy not to be 26.

I am thankful that time heals all wound.

I am thankful that my teenagers haven't done one thing that I (allegedly) did at their ages.

I am thankful for two little boys who drive me insane and who are the light of my life at the same time.

I am so thankful for my amazing daughter. She has a good head on her shoulders and makes good choices.

I am thankful for my sisters. I have spent some time talking to each of them this week and they are two of the strongest, kindest and beautiful (inside and out) women I know.

(I can't leave out my brothers) I am blessed with cool brothers. They always protected me as a little girl and now I turn to them for advice....they are awesome.

I have been blessed with wonderful parents. I think it is fun as an adult to get to know your parents in a new way. My dad has been gone nearly 10 years and I am proud of my mom for carrying on the best she knew how while losing him when she was 50.

Last, but not least, I am thankful for MC. She puts up with my craziness on a daily basis and she is patient with me with all my faults. She's a true friend who will call me on my crap (not that I need it very often... lol), listen to me cry, laugh with me and just help me get through the day.

I am very blessed, I am trying not to forget it. C.S. Lewis said, "When we lose one blessing, another is often unexpectedly given in its place." That is the biggest thing I have seen in my life this week.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

It's good to stop and think about all the blessing we have every once in a while. I need to do that more, so thanks for setting the example. You are an amazing woman and I'm thankful to have you as my friend! I love you and if there's anything you need you know where to find me! You rock!

Alyssa said...

You are definitely blessed. Thanks for the reminder to count our blessings. I did not realize Brent was unemployed. Hope things are looking better in that regard.

Marianne said...

Oh Linda, you're awesome. We all need a reminder to count our blessings. That seems to help everyone, no matter what their situation. Now you've got that song stuck in my head. Want me to sing it for you? :) I am really jealous you get 24/7 one-on-one time with your hubby. Love every minute of it. (but send him away once a day so you can CALL ME!)

Carrie said...

Love the list, I am grateful for you in my life, you are awesome.

Jenni said...

Love that post...need that post! I love reminders to count our blessings, esp. during hard times. I, too, didn't realize Brent was unemployed. I'm so sorry, I talk to you enough that I should know these things! I am grateful to be able to call you a friend in my life. You've always been a great support to me. Thanks for everything, and you know I'm here for you too!!!:)