Saturday, March 27, 2010

30 reasons I am glad to be 36

30 reasons I am glad to be 36

1. I have a 15 year old. I better at least be 36.

2. I have nearly been married for 17 years. I better be at least 36.

3. I am old enough, with careful consideration and helpful advice, to make my own decisions.

4. I am old enough to know better.

5. no expects me to get all the candles blown out any more.

6. I have learned to say no when needed, without guilt.

7. It's fun to have teenagers.

8. I'm still young enough to remember "the good ole days"

9. Since every day I have to get older, I try my hardest to get wiser.

10. Each day I am one day closer to death (jk lol..it's an "old" joke)

11. I'm old enough to realize that what someone thinks of me is none of my business.

12. Also old enough not to care too much what people think about me.

13. 36 isn't 46.

14. 36 isn't 21 (thankfully!)

15. I have learned to appreciate the different qualities in people.

16. I'm old enough to have ice cream for lunch if I want.

17. ...or dinner

18. With my new found memory lapses I never get tired of the same jokes.

19. Since my eyes are getting bad, I can't see the mess in my house as well as I used to.

20. ...or the scale...

21. My joints hurt when a storm is coming so I can predict the weather.

22. With all my gray hair, I get to experiment with new hair color every 5 weeks.

23. I am more patient than I was 15 years ago.

24. I love having "old" friends who I have been through a lot with.

25. The older I get, the more I appreciate my mom. (love you mom!)

26. With my new found memory lapse, I never get tired of the same jokes. (hee-hee)

27. I love my husband more each day.

28. I've learned to love learning new things.

29. The older I get, the better looking I am. (okay, I'm stretching)

30. I'm learning to enjoy the journey.

A long time ago I decided that the only thing that I could change about getting older was my attitude about it. I am now happy to get older because I know I am learning valuable life lessons. Sounds cheesy, I know, but it gets me through another birthday.

5 comments:

Marianne said...

I love it! You make me laugh every day!

Rekehl Johnson said...

Hey, I'm 44! but 46, yet...(but it is staring me in the face)

Mia said...

Number 11 was a revelation to me! Never heard that before and will never forget it.

Happy Birthday!

Alyssa said...

Happy Birthday!

Alyssa said...

Thanks for the post on my blog. I appreciated everything you had to say. And I agree. Influences for good and bad are all around us. We need to help one another always be influenced for good in life. Your words were a nice surprise this morning. Thank you.!