Tuesday, August 31, 2010

back to school

Everyone survived the summer at my house.....barely. Everyone is happily back to school except Jason who starts sometime not today or tomorrow so I don't know for sure (we roll one day at a time...it's good enough for AA it's good enough for me) Jared is back at BYU's baseball camp where he is being watched by scouts (and I don't mean cubs) even though there was a Cubs' scout there last year....but I digress. Over the summer he had an opportunity to try out for team USA. You have to be selected by your coach and he was one of three kids on his team selected. He made it through a few cuts but the reason we did the try out was he received a national ranking that all the scouts can access.
Katelyn likes to read and probably read a million pages this summer. Once, I grounded her from reading and made her pick a friend to go to a movie with. She also turned 13. (sigh) We had fun shopping for clothes and stuff for her birthday. K also went to a volleyball camp and had a lot of fun. She is really liking volleyball but she hates the shorts they wear. (too tiny) She is glad to be back to school! I am glad she likes it, it makes it easier to get her up in the morning.
Ty-man is in 1st grade, eating school lunch, staying all day and loving it. His favorite place in the world is anywhere but home. He is playing baseball on a fall league team he is playing with 8 year olds (he's 6) but he loves it and is pretty good at bat so I guess we are starting round 2 with baseball.
Jason is mostly potty trained. And he is sweet as can be when no one else is home but me. He loves toys lately. He lines up all his cars in a row. He doesn't mix big and little cars and gets mad if we move them. I would worry about OCD but Tyler did the same thing and he's fine. :) ish.
Brent likes his new job, they seem to like him he is doing some different kinds of work so it fun to learn, right?
As for me...let's just say that I couldn't be better. :)

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Thanks for the update. Fun to read about what everyone has been up to and what is ahead. Have a great day!