Sunday, November 20, 2011

2Corinthinians 12:7-10

7 And lest I should be aexalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a bthorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9 And he said unto me, My agrace is sufficient for thee: for mybstrength is made perfect in cweakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may drestupon me.

10 Therefore I take pleasure in ainfirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in bpersecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am cweak, then am I am dstrong.

I have been thinking a lot about this scripture lately. Paul is bothered by what he terms "a thorn of the flesh" He asks the Lord three times to take it away, to which the Lord replies,"my grace is sufficient for thee".

The Lord doesn't expect us to be perfect. He knows that we are fundamentally flawed. But, it doesn't matter. His grace is sufficient as long as we do our part. We can take Pres. Hinckley's advice to "try a little hared to be a little better". It's what the Lord expects. I am taking comfort in the last line of the scripture "for when I am weak, then I am strong"




No comments: