Saturday, April 7, 2012

milestones

Life is measured in milestones. I had my 38th birthday a few weeks ago. Milestone.
As a younger gal, I liked the milestone of New Year's Day. I always set goals, reevaluated life, blah blah blah. I liked my birthday. I loved reviewing the year to see what I accomplished and what areas I was going to improve in the coming year.
As I got older, I started noticing Sunday as a milestone. Being spiritually fed on Sunday and carrying the feeling through the week. As the "spiritual high" would be wearing off, it was time to go again.
As I got even older, I noticed a new milestone. I found the value in taking one day at a time. Every morning, I can start with prayer, scripture study. Every night I can evaluate my progress for the day, repent as needed, and try again tomorrow to be a little better.
The funny thing about the "day at a time" philosophy is it rendered the other milestones semi-pointless to me. (Except Sunday worship, of course)
It's interesting for me to see the different changes we go through in life.

No comments: