This school year has been a strange milestone for our family. We have a senior in High School one end and a Kindergartner at the other. As gradation gets closer, and Jared works toward going on a mission, I am forced to look at how my family is going to dramatically change. Guess what....I'm excited! The changes aren't as scary to me as much as they used to be.
So, here's my quick update on the kids. Jared is finishing up HS with a bad case of "Senioritis". It's a good thing he loves baseball or I don't think he'd be at school as much. His team is making a run for the state champs. In this photo, they had just won the Region title. He passed everyone by who was trying to congratulate him and ran straight to hug me!(small tears right now) He pitched the entire game and lead the team to a victory.
(blogger is new since my last visit and I can't put my text with the appropriate picture just yet.)
Katelyn is finishing up her Sophomore year and getting excited to get her driver's license. She starts tennis soon,and has grown so much spiritually this year. I am blessed with one beautiful,super helpful daughter. I can't imagine what I'd do with out another girl in the house. She is so close to her brothers. It's been fun for her to be back in school with Jared. he has a way of intimidating "unwanted suitors". One time a boy came up behind Katelyn and put his arms around her and Jared took her 2 inch thick biology and wacked him on the forehead with it. The boy hasn't touched her since. (Katelyn is grateful)
Tyler is an all out stud. He's finishing up 3rd grade, although he acts like a much older boy. He has always been the most responsible member of the family. (me included)
He has so much fun at what ever he is doing, as long as it's not school work. Tyler has a unique bond with each of his siblings. He's such a great kid, it's fun to see his personality evolve.
Jason is far to mature for his age. He hangs out at the ball park a lot, and can sweet talk Jared's friends (girls) into anything. Whether it's playing on their phones or hanging in the snack shack, he always finds a nice girl to blink his blue eyes at, and they melt. (yes, I'm worried) Last night, at the park, a girl brought him a cinnamon pretzel. Jared joked that Jason is a ladies man to which Jason replied, "it's probably because mom combs my hair so nice".
Life is good. I think I spent 2 years worrying about what this year would feel like. With all the crazy ups and downs, it's nice to just feel happy...and blessed.
| Jared just pitched to help his team win Region champs!! |
| Katelyn is all baseballed out |
| Tyler is just starting his baseball "glory days" |
| Jason is my best bud, I'm going to miss him when he's in 1st grade |
1 comment:
I loved the update and your perspective! Blog more often! :)
Post a Comment