Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A happy post

I'll admit it...I vented a little yesterday, so today, a happy post.

I was listening to my (Jared's) ipod a few nights ago. I had a couple of songs on repeat. In bloom by Brother Nirvana and Land of Confusion by the Brothers Disturbia when all of the sudden the sacrament Christmas program started coming to me. It has actually morphed into two meeting. So I had a lot of time to cover. But I am excited because I have a good rough draft now and can work on finishing it. Don't you think music is so inspirational? I do....


...this is the world we live in ( wa-oooo) and these are the hands we're given ( wa-ohhhh) use them and lets start trying (wa-ooooh) to make this a place worth living in. :)

5 comments:

Shelley said...

I can't wait to hear it! I enjoy the break in "normal" sacrament meetings at Christmas time.

Jenni said...

I'm so glad you found your inspiration! I was stressin' for you when I read that post. :) And glad today was a happier day. I tried to call you this morning to check on you, but no answer... :(

Nate said...

In bloom has been one of my favorite songs since 8th grade...its a very happy song and has very good inspirational ideas, e.g. "sell your kids for food."

Maybe you're the one "who likes all our pretty songs, and [you] like to sing along, and [you] like to shoot your gun, but [you] don't know what it means, knows not what it means...."

I'm totally going to listen to that on my Zune now.

All you have to do now is throw down some Muse (there's some on my non-updated blog if Jared doesn't have any), and you'll finish the planning.

Linda Barton said...

Nate,
I love Muse, it gets me in touch with my inner rage. (in case I am out of touch)

Alyssa said...

Hi Linda,
I saw your comment on Aimee's blog asking for our email, so I linked over to you at your site. Hope your little family is doing well. Your littlest one (Jason) is growing fast. I don't think I ever even saw him in person. The older kiddos are also growing like weeds. You still look too young to have children that age. Have a great night. Enjoyed your post. jeffalyssahanzon@gmail.com