Why is is always hardest at night? I am fine during most of the day and when it is time for bed my brain goes 1000 miles an hour.
In FHE tonight we were talking about satan's influence. My husband said that if we sat in our family room long enough and did nothing it would get dark. Without even trying, the room would be dark. It's up to us to turn on the lights. Well, metaphorically and physically right now I am in the dark. I try not to be, but I find it harder at night. I count my blessings, I think of scriptures, I think of all the ways things could be worse. It doesn't change the fact that right now sucks.
...I'm done whining....
6 comments:
This is a quasi-spiritual thought that should help sis:
http://www.myregisblog.com/2008/10/lol-cats-general-conference.html
And besides...If you didn't understand a sucky life, you wouldn't be able to comprehend the joy that comes because I am your little brother.
In seriousness, keep counting the blessings. You have many things that people are jealous of, even if you can't see it.
When I was having similar thoughts last night this one worked for me: You're not (nor is your husband or one of your children) trapped in a dark mine in West Virginia. Some people are having a much worse day.
Remember it could be worse. Keep counting your blessings! There are many many more.
I also agree with your bro, your husband could be stuck in a mine. Or you could be going to the Dr today to find out why your heart isn't beating right, or you could be finding out today if you will have cancer and have to lose one of your legs. Today is not a good day for many others. Tomorrow won't be good either.
What does Bro. Hinckley say? "Forget yourself and get to work."
*Hug* - Today is a new day, right?
I love you. Like Sheri Dew said, "If life were easy, it wouldn't be hard!"
Are you really awake at 4:09 a.m.???
Hhhmmmm, Your friend Marianne wrote that at the same time I was at the doctor to see why my heart isn't working right!! I am not the person that should be giving you advice, I have my why me's, "why am I 31 and suffering with heart failure, with 2 kids and a baby??" You know, you have been through so much. It will get better. I think of you often!!
I'm so sorry. One thing I got from Conference is that these are troubling times for all of us. Know that you are not alone and we are all here for you. Quentin L. Cook said "No one is exempt from the storms of life".
One thing that helps me at night (because I have that nightly mind running thing too) is I put a bunch of soothing church music on my ipod and I put it on in bed as I'm going to sleep. I can't believe how much it quiets my mind.
(hug) Love ya.
Post a Comment