Monday, May 3, 2010

getting back to normal....

Normal....hmmm maybe that isn't the right word.

This morning Brent started a new job. He was off of work for about 2 months during which I became used to having him around. Sure work is good, I guess, (lol) but for two months I had incredible freedom (without any cash). Throughout the baseball season Jared has needed to be picked up from school every. It is right in the middle of Jason's nap so it was great to have a driver. Also, Jared goes to school early 3 times a week for Jazz Band and Brent would drive to that too. Since Brent would get a little stir crazy he was always willing to run errands or watch kids if I needed to go out. He also would take the boys with him while he would run around. To say it mildly, I have become spoiled. Yesterday, I realized I would have to do the morning drive for school when Jared said there would be no band this week. (see the blessings keep coming) This is the last official week of the baseball season so hopefully Jason won't fully give up his naps.

Unemployment thankfully didn't last too long, although some days it seemed like it. Last week after weeks of no jobs prospects, Brent got two interviews with great companies. The job he wants most wouldn't start for a few weeks so rather than take any chances, he started with his second choice. It seems like a good company. Brent is impressed with many aspects of how they run their business.

All I know, is if Brent could be home 24/7 I would like it (most days) :)
The boys will miss having an all access pass to daddy, I'll miss having my best friend to hang out with all day, and I will certainly miss the perks of having him around. But, I will enjoy paying bills again and possibly having a little extra spending money. So I guess you take the good with the bad..... er somethin'...

For all the extra time we had together I find it surprising how little we accomplished on home projects. (sigh) Maybe someday our to do list will get done. (I am laughing)

8 comments:

Marianne said...

I'm glad he made his decision about work. That is not an easy one. It would be strange to have him home all the time and then suddenly gone for most of the day! Hope you can adjust to your new normal quickly!

Jenni said...

That's wonderful that he found a job. If I wasn't taking care of 6 kids this week, I'd totally offer to take Jared to baseball so Jason could keep nappin'. Good luck with everything!;)

Jill said...

EXHALE....It's a relief that he has a job!

Mike works from home so I sorta have him all day. Although I am sure most of the time he would rather I NOT share every thought that comes into my mind with him....lol

Congrats on the new money.:-)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad Brent found a job! :) I'm sure that has been really stressful for you guys.

Carrie said...

glad he got a new job, I can come over and hang out if you need

Alyssa said...

Great News!And you did work on your to-do list. Spending time with your hubby is always first on the to-do list. The other home projects can wait 'til another day.

Rekehl Johnson said...

I'm doing the happy dance for you guys!

Shelley said...

Yay for getting back to normal!