Friday, July 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Katelyn

I was hoping to have a few of Katelyn's baby pictures to add to this post but I am computer challenged and have surpassed my swearing quota today, so just one will be fine.
Katelyn turned 13 today, she seems like she is a lot older to me. She is wise beyond her years but has such a fun personality that we can just be really silly together. Katelyn was almost 6 weeks premature but still weighed 5 lbs 11 oz. In the nursery they called her "peanut" because all bundled up she looked like a little peanut. She was a very content baby who was patient with all the bows, hair gel, fluffy dresses and anything else I inflicted on her. Jared always adored her. He would hold her and rock her and say "hi sweaty sweaty" instead of sweetie sweetie. For so many years we just had the two of them and they were the best of friends. In fact they hardly ever played with other friends because they just preferred each other. Katelyn has always been talkative (not sure where that comes from..lol). She is also always been very kind. She rarely criticizes others, instead she finds something nice to say about almost anyone. I took her shopping today for her birthday and I had a hard time getting her to buy anything for herself. She is content with what she has and will say,"I don't need anything, I already have everything I want." (I know that doesn't come from me!) Finally, she got in the shopping spirit and we found a bunch of great things for her and she is so grateful that she thanked my a hundred times and was so smiley and happy. I thank the Lord every day for a daughter like Katelyn. If I didn't have her in our family, I would have a huge hole in my heart. She truly is the joy of my life. Happy birthday Katelyn, thanks for all the blessing you bring into my life....we love you!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday cute Katelyn! :)

Marianne said...

Happy birthday darlin! You are one amazing young lady. Love you!

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday Katelyn! I hope you had a great day! You are so awesome and I'm glad I get hang out with you!

Alyssa said...

You are lucky to have such an amazing daughter. She is beautiful!!!

Rekehl Johnson said...

What a lucky mom you are!

Jenni said...

I don't know how I missed this! But you have got one very special girl. I have loved getting to know Katelyn a little better through Young Women's. She is a beautiful girl inside and out!!!

Aimee said...

What a great girl! Man, Linda, we are getting old to have kids getting this old!!

Mia said...

I remember Katelyn as a 2-year-old sitting on your lap in Relief Society. She was the most beautiful baby girl I'd ever seen. She would sit facing you and lean against you and not make a peep the whole time. She had Shirley Temple's curls and a cherub's face. I wondered what I would do if she were mine—just stare in awe at her all day long?! She's still got those beautiful bright eyes and peaches-and-cream skin. What a beauty!