Thursday, March 8, 2012

Late night blogging

I really admire people who have the ability to write something interesting enough for me to want to read. If that's what you're looking for with post, maybe you should stop reading now.
Many people have a life that is lived in a before/after way. Whether it is a tragedy or something amazing that happened to you, your life is forever changed.
I've been thinking about a few of my before/after situations. What I notice never changes is our agency. We have the ability to let things define us however we choose. When we are sad it is easy to be really sad and not understand how to be happy again. When we are happy it is hard to believe we were ever so sad and it seems easy to be happy. Weird.
I've had times in my life when I felt I was clinging to the Gospel and other times when it seems natural and as if nothing could take the Spirit away from me. It's strange to me that the veil is so thin at times and feels like a brick wall at other times.
I have a testimony of the Plan of Salvation. I'm not surprised when a trial comes my way. Ask any 8 year old about to be baptized why we are here and they will answer to get a body and be tested. I'll be honest, I don't like trials. Maybe that's bad to say. But, I always love what I learn from each trial. Each trial (eventually....cuz I'm stubborn) strengthens my faith, and shows me the love my Savior and Father in Heaven have for everyone of his children.
I don't get yelled at very often. But this week it seems like every time I turn around, someone is yelling at me. I have been blessed with an overwhelming knowledge that the people yelling at me aren't mad at me at all. Everyone has trials. We never know who is going through possibly the hardest time in their life. I have felt compassion for them that I'm sure wasn't from me.
If you understand what I mean by you life being defined by a before/after situation I hope it has strengthened your testimony.

No comments: