Monday, September 29, 2008

so much to do...so little time

At the beginning of yet another week it gives me a moment to reflect upon all of my hopes and dreams for accomplishing great things this week such as: perfecting my family, making my home immaculate, properly attending to my husbands needs (like clean socks), mastering Beethoven's 5Th Symphony on the piano, re-reading the 4 gospels, exercising 45 min a day, teaching Tyler to read, re-learning 8Th grade Geometry, weeding my backyard, oh! and let's not forget a little "me" time...I am reminded that I am no longer 19 years old with tons of ambition and energy. Nor am I 25 with unrealistic expectations and dreams. I am a 34 year old mother of 4 with one kid on her hip, one hanging on her ankle and thank heaven, two kids at school. So the best I am hoping for is to not go crazy or get too much farther behind (and maybe a shower). And you know what?!? I am completely happy with that.

So, Saturday night, Jared had a party for his 14th birthday. He had friends over to BBQ and play volley ball and night games. Our whole family was out back and it was funny to see the boys in one corner and the girls in another. All except Jason and Tyler. They were right in the middle of the girls laughing and playing with them. Brent looked over at Jared and said "Your little brothers are doing better than you!" So funny! Not so funny is Katelyn who hung with the boys. Grrrr. They are all growing up so fast. Oh ya'! Tyler has a new word. He would get ready to hit the volley ball and say "look mom, this is pro-ish".

I've been thinking...I really need a hobby. Something I really enjoy or something Brent and I could do together. Any suggestions? I'm thinking line dancing.(sooooo just kidding)

4 comments:

Shelley said...

I am so happy I found digital scrapbooking...it is my escape and I can do it anytime day or night for 5 minutes or 5 hours. You would have to be using the computer though... You still need to call me so I can help you with your blog! I like the pink! :)

Elizabeth said...

Ooh! Go for square dancing. They have a caller that tells you what to do next...easier!

Marianne said...

I think your new hobby should be posting hilarious things on your blog...oh wait! You already do that!

brees said...

Is Brent a golfer? John has been dying for me to take golf lessons but I don't want to do it alone....you could be my golf lesson buddy.