Thursday, May 28, 2009

Linda Barton 1974-????

Ever had one of those days....over and over and over and over again? Chaos and mayhem rule my life. We forget things on a daily basis.....every other thing falls through the cracks. I need suggestions on how to better manage my time so I can get everything done. So, Calling all bloggie friends!!!!!!! What works for you so you can face your day with s smiley face and get AT LEAST 75% of the to-do list accomplished???? HELP?!?!?!?!?! (hey, maybe a "to-do list" is a good start?)

6 comments:

Marianne said...

Psst...at Enrichment night next Thursday, we will have LORENNE there!!! So mark it on your calendar! (Oh wait, you don't have a calendar, I think that would help you out tons to start with)

Shelley said...

I guess the only thing that helps me is a routine. I mow the lawn on the same day, usually run errands on the same day, etc. That way I know the night before what I am going to need to get done the next day.

Heather said...

What is Lorenne teaching at Enrichment? Organization? Please take notes for me, ladies!

Carrie said...

I enjoy running around crazy like my head is cut off. If it is good enough for a chicken it is good enough for me.

Nate said...

Try one day where you mark all of your time down in tenth of an hour increments (billable hours).

Every six minutes that you spend doing mom/home things or even thinking of those things, count it. Every 6 minutes you spend on the internet, watching tv, taking a quick break, chatting with a friend on the phone, etc., don't count it.

I'm not joking...I do this every day and it makes me completely focused on the task at hand and the ones to come (because I don't want to waste 6 minutes between tasks either).

I bet if you did this, you would have everything done for the day long before your kids got home from school. And you'd never run into a time conflict with errand time and nap time, etc.

--I'd be interested to know how the time allotment comes down too.

brees said...

Stay off the computer!!!!