I know it's a few days late, but this was a hard post for me. (my dad would say "better late than never, but better never late")
I have been blessed with 2 wonderful father's. First of all, my husband. He is so amazing. He is an example to me of many things such as, integrity, commitment, patience, calm, and my favorite...think twice, speak once. Each of these qualities and many more make me feel lucky to have him for a husband and father for our children.
Second, is/was my dad. He died nearly 9 years ago, when I was 26 (he was 53). Each Father's Day without him is, I guess, a little easier. He was also amazing. He was my hero. He taught me to anger slowly, and forgive quickly. He taught me to expect the best in others and find their inner good and help them to bring it out. He taught me unselfishness, by putting my needs above his. He taught me to expect great things in myself, to listen to the Spirit, to study and ponder the scriptures, he taught me to turn to the scriptures to find answers to my problems. The funny thing is, most of these things I have learned more fully since he died. His quiet example is still present in my life. He wasn't perfect, but he was humble enough to know it and tried as hard as he could to be a better person. I'll always admire his inner conviction to try again after he would stumble. I love him so much and still miss him every day.
5 comments:
What sweet tributes to two wonderful men. Now we know where you get your wonderful qualities, that are just like your dads, from.
Awesome. I love dads. Good ones can be hard to come by, and there are TWO in your life. Count yourself lucky twice.
Now we know where you got all of your amazing qualities! What a huge blessing to have such a wonderful father and husband. And it was fun to spend part of Father's Day with you guys!
Linda -- Who's your daddy?
yeah, that's right.
Nate,
..um..you?...
Post a Comment