Monday, September 14, 2009

Extra....Extra...read all about it!!!

Tonight for my homework, I got to write an editorial about Katelyn. (I hope I get an "A")
She is so amazing, I thought I'd share it with my blogtastic friends.

Katelyn is Amazing by Linda Barton

When walking through the halls at South Hills Middle School, there is one girl who stands out above the rest. Katelyn Barton is a 7th grader who loves middle school. She can always be seen with a smile on her face. Her bubbly personality coupled with her contagious laughter makes her so much fun to be around.
I asked her brother Jared, who is in 9th grade at SHMS, "Why do you think everyone likes your sister?" He replied, "there are tons of reasons! I think, mostly because she is so funny and she is nice to everyone...even me!" He went on to say, "Also, you won't hear her saying mean things about people, she can always find something nice to say about everyone."
The people I spoke with all agree that Katelyn is a good friend to have. She is there for you if you are sad and need a good listener. She can always make you laugh, and, if you need help with homework, she is very smart.
All-in-all, you would have a difficult time finding a more loyal, kind and honest friend.
I know I may be bias, but I think she is the most beautiful girl at South Hills Middle School. I mean it, have you seen her eyes?!? But, more importantly, she is beautiful on the inside. If you get to know Katelyn Barton at South Hills, you will never be without a great friend.
A few important things about Katelyn are that she loves BYU football, she plays softball and basketball, she is a very talented piano player and she likes to cut hair, she even once cut seven inches off of her mom's hair. She is good at keeping a secret and she is the best daughter in the entire world.


I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful daughter. She is turning into and an incredible young lady right before my eyes. (sniff, sniff)

3 comments:

Shelley said...

You are one lucky mom to have such a wonderful daughter! I guess that is what you earn for taking on 3 boys! :)

Carrie said...

cute, great job, I think you will get an A. Katelyn is awesome.

Jill said...

She really is awesome! I guess what can you expect...just look at her Mom! That was sweet.