Sunday, February 14, 2010

Tyler's Valentines Day

Since Tyler has been off-track he hasn't been gearing up for Valentines Day like they do when they are in school. They are doing a party when they return to school next week so I had to remember to buy Valentines before it was too late. Today, we go in the spirit of the day by filling out valentine cards for his neighborhood friends. We waited until it was dark to go drop them on the doorsteps of his friends. He had fun ringing the doorbell and Jared and Katelyn were nice to help him "ring and run". On the last house, in Tyler's excitement, he rang the bell and ran to hide when he soon realized that he forgot to leave the valentine on the step. His horrified look on his face was priceless :). We had to wait for the neighbor to close the door so we could start over. I hope they weren't too annoyed. Tyler loves his friends. He was so excited to do Valentines! He made the list all by himself. I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful friends in our neighborhood. Thanks to all the mom's who are trying like I am to raise good kids. They are an amazing bunch of boys and girls.

Happy Valentines Day! I love all my friends too! So many of you get me through the days and weeks and you might not even know it. Life has been a little rough for me lately and I appreciate all the smiles and phone calls more than I could ever express. Thank you thank you with all my heart.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Carson and Parker loved getting a treat from Tyler, thanks!

Carrie said...

Emma loved Tyler's valentine, he was pretty fast to get down my walk by the time the girls got to the door. Emma had a huge smile on her face when she saw it was from Tyler. (wink, wink) Feel better, I just adore you.

Marianne said...

Now I'm sad that Tyler didn't put me on his 'friends' list. :( I'll have to try harder to be a good friend to him. :)