Thursday, January 27, 2011

Life....

I have been thinking about the gift of the life that I have been given. It has been full of ups and downs, but I guess never a dull moment. The older my kids get I am realizing how precious time is. My kids will start leaving me very soon, after all this is what I am raising them for. To be productive members of society, have an unwavering testimony of the Savior and His Gospel, and to be kind to others by always returning good for evil. The trick is, have I personally done enough to prepare them for what lies ahead/ The answer....probably not. Not in a bad way, but I realize that personal experience is a far better teacher than parents yammering in their ears about their personal experience.
Over the past several months, I have been experiencing anxiety in levels that I am not used to. It has been a challenge for me to stay calm and hold in words that I wouldn't have said a year ago. Actually, I think things that are not like me either. I feel Satan's pull on me sometimes more than I feel the Spirit with me. And it seems the harder I try to change it, the harder it is to change. Life is a refining process and, let's just say...I am in the fire. And I want out but apparently I am not done yet. I have faith that the Lord knows what is best for me, I also know that I am being prepared for something, I just don't know what it is. That's okay with me, I know the Lord is with me.
Thanks for letting me ramble, I feel better now. :)

3 comments:

brees said...

"Try hard to be nice" Linda!!! In all seriousness, when I see you, I see the strong, intelligent, gentle soul that you are. You have an amazing testimony and are a great example to all those around you. I understand the anxiety of what is yet to come as I deal with that often lately. I have to remind myself everyday to choose Faith over fear. Let's do lunch soon?!?!

Linda Barton said...

Brooke, I would LOVE lunch with you, I miss you and hope you are getting back to a new normal (or learning what you new normal is. Thanks for the kind words,I think you are an amazing woman.
Love you tons!
Linda

Jill said...

I think about that all the time...(if I am doing enough to prepare my kids for life in this world) It's pretty scary! If anyone is doing a good job though, it's you! I don't know many people who are as open and good at sharing their testimonies as you are. If nothing else, your kids know what you believe and they know what you expect of them. I am sure your example will take them to the good places they need to be. You are awesome!!

PS..I need to check your blog on Mike's computer more often. Mine won't let me open it for some reason.