Finally....everyone is as well as can be!!!!
I am going to expose my lameness right now, but in my defense...we were sick. We put up our Christmas tree today. Not decorations, mind you,...just the tree. Maybe I'll get them up before Christmas, I hope. I was finally hit with the Christmas spirit today. I love everything about this time of year. For the most part people are a little nicer and more patient. I have loved reading blogs about every one's favorite things. I thought I would add my owns fav. list. Here goes:
-I love Santa! He is awesome. Seriously, he is forgiving....I mean, is anyone ever on the naughty list? I love the idea of someone quietly giving gifts to make people happy with no recognition. (since he won't come if you're awake) I think he is handsome with the twinkle in his eye that comes from being so loving toward children. He gives gifts and asks nothing in return....nice guy.
-I love Nutcrackers, I don't know why. I try to buy one every year based on what is meaningful to me to help me remember the year. This year I want the red, white and blue flag print one because I have so much pride in our country and what our flag stands for.
-My tree is purple, black and silver this year(in my mind) to represent Riverton High school and the changed that Jared will make transitioning into High School sports in the spring. Go Jared.
-Most important, I love Jesus Christ. I can't fathom the love He has for all of us to sacrifice so much for our happiness. From humble beginnings to a glorious and triumphant return is very appropriate, I look to the day He comes again with joy, happiness and anticipation.
-I love the extra time with family and friends. We enjoyed the ward party although with such a big turnout, we weren't able to visit with everyone we wanted to.
Being sick, grumpy and smelling like throw-up and other things, I haven't been in the best mood. But I am challenging my self and my bloggerriffic friends with a few thing:
-Let someone ahead of you in line, in the drive-thru pay for the car behind you, find some one to help in whatever way you can,when you want to yell....don't....just smile.
Merry Christmas, don't be so stressed out that you forget to enjoy the season.
4 comments:
I'm glad you are all feeling well again. Decorating for Christmas is a big undertaking, and with a house full of sick people, you just don't have time for that stuff too. I'm glad Christmas is here too!
You are so awesome! I love reading your blog...it always makes me smile. =)
I'm glad your house is well finally!
You have the best attitude Linda! Don't worry, you don't have to decorate all at once! Maybe it's funner if you do it a little at a time.
I LOVE your positive attitude - it's infectious and makes me want to be better. I especially like your last lines about getting into the Christmas spirit by letting someone in front of you, etc. I'm really going to keep those ideas in my mind and really try to do them. Thanks for the inspiration!
- Rekehl
Post a Comment