It's always fun on Christmas to see which new toy will break first...(Grrrr!) Well, it was my... I mean the kids new computer. Stupid Gateway. I ordered the computer in September. It took all my will-power to keep it hidden under the bed until Christmas. I had already lost the will-power battle with the Wii.(I only lasted about 2 weeks before giving it to them) So I was bound and determined to save the brand new 22 inch HD moniter (with TV tuner) totally fast, super cool computer for Christmas. I set it up, and 1 day later it died. I called Gateway where they informed me that I simply needed to pay shipping costs and they would fix it for me.(Double Grrrrrrr!) Other than that...
Christmas 2008 was a blast! On Christmas Eve we did our regular traditional things, we even almost got stuck on the mountain (in-laws house). Thank Heaven my husband is a skillful mini-van off roader! We stayed up until 3:30 wrapping last minute presents. We enjoyed the power outage (lol) I am thankful for my real wood fireplace. Our house stayed warm. Brent's dad made the kids this wooden peg-board triangleish game....it ended up being the main thing they wanted to play with since it didn't require power.
Of course now we are up to our elbows in Christmas crap! Jared had a basketball tourny (of course) so we haven't been home much. I am looking forward to Monday and getting the house back in order(somewhat). I don't know which is better....seeing Christmas come, or watching Christmas go. I like both. =)
7 comments:
I will have to agree with you...Christmas is great, but it wears me out. I have spent all day today trying to get my house back in order and I still have little fake pine needles EVERYWHERE. Sorry about the computer...bummer.
How Stinky!! Why should you have to pay for the shipping? Darn. I am glad that you still had a great Christmas. I also agree with the glad to see Christmas pass...only because I can start getting ready for next Christmas! lol
Sorry about your computer. That really sucks. It'll be nice to get all the Christmas stuff put away so the house can be more livable again.
Oh man, I know how excited you were about your computer cuz you had it forever hiding in anticipation for Christmas and then it BREAKS!!!! Computers usually make me scream AHHHHHHHH! I will commiserate with you and I hope you get it fixed soon... I guess the lesson is just give presents as you order them and not save them for Christmas (like your Wii) so you'll be celebrating Christmas all year and not be let down by broken down Christmas gifts...
- Rekehl
Your power was out? What a bummer! A bigger bummer about the computer. Are you sure it's not "user error?" (J/K!)
Linda, how do you know Shelley? (Posted the first comment.) She is my cousin! What a small world!!
Shelly is your cousin!?!?! She's in my ward and such an awesome lady! Which side of the fam is she from! Even smaller world, after our jr high reunion, I met one of Matts cousins who was visiting my ward for a mission farewell. He was playing a piano musical number, it was awesome. (I only knew 'cuz his last name was Newton so I asked.
As for the computer, it wasn't major, just the motherboard or soomething. lol
Post a Comment