Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's a great day in my imagination

Every once in awhile, we all need a reminder that we are a valuable member of society, that we are loved and appreciated, and what we do makes a difference. I think I am having one of those days. I decided a long time ago that I wouldn't look for personal validation from my kids because let's face it....it ain't comin' from them. But today I am going to imagine what that would sound like.
-Mom, thanks for doing my laundry and caring that I don't smell bad.
-Thanks for caring about my dental hygiene, I'm glad you remind me to brush my teeth twice a day.
-What would I do without you mom, I am grateful for the ride to football, piano, school because I missed the bus, ect. (feel free to insert your own activity)
-Thank you for telling me to shower and change my underwear.
-Thank you for helping me with homework.
-Thank you for the countless hours of worry and prayers on my behalf.
-Mom, can I talk to you about something? (that would make my day Jared)
-Thanks for feeding me delicious food. I don't like carrots but if you say they are good for me, I know it is true.
-Mom, I want to go out with my friends, how could I earn $10 to pay for that?
-Thank you for the clean bathroom! That mirror sparkles!
-Can I say family prayer tonight? (all of you with little ones, enjoy that they want to say the prayer)
-Mom, I'm bored. What can I do for you?

Aren't my imaginary kids cool? In all seriousness, my kids are pretty good. I'm probably just feeling a little sorry for myself today. Oh well. Tomorrow will be better right?

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Wow, I love your imaginary kids. I can insert some, "Mom, I'll go play outside so the baby can nap." and "Mom, I don't need new shoes, the ones you bought for me last week still fit." All your other sayings hit so close to home! Maybe we have the SAME imaginary kids?

Carrie said...

Awesome Kids, I am going to come visit your imaginary kids and pretend they are mine when I am having a bad kids day.

Shelley said...

I think I will send my boys over to your house so you can train them in "Linda-talk." If only... :)

Elizabeth said...

Ooh...what about "Mom, you can keep my allowance this week and put it towards a few extra Diet Cokes for yourself!"

Nate said...

How about this..."mom, thank you for not doing those things to torture me that you think of in the deepest darkest places of your mind"