Thursday, January 1, 2009

One funny quick post

I am pondering my year in review slash resolutions, but I had one funny experience. I was in my room when I heard a little commotion. It grew louder and louder until I heard Katelyn yelling, "gimme' that!!!" Tyler yelled back, "you are a CRR-AZY person...you are a cra-a-azy person. Get off me...YOU ARE A CRAA-ZYYYY PERSON". By that point I was running to rescue Ty when I saw Katelyn, red-faced,laying flat on top of him reaching to take away something that belonged to her. I separated them (with much effort) and Ty is still screaming (you guessed it "You are a crazy person!!!" I had to hide my laughing to get to the bottom of the problem. Honestly, at that point, I didn't care.(don't judge me) Do you ever feel like you conflict resolution skills go like this, "who was wrong last time? Okay, your right this time, now go play."
Kinda' makes me wonder, what kind of a 5 year old says that? (obviously mine!)

6 comments:

Mia said...

Your conflict resolution is sheer genius. You should write a parenting book. I'll read it.

Nate said...

Me and Heidi have it down so that I always think it is Logan's fault and she always thinks it is Austin's fault. That way, it all depends on who gets up to do the punishing.

Shelley said...

My boys have learned that when I go break up a fight, they need to start yelling "Carson do it" or "Parker did it." Like that's going to work. And yes, I know Aimee pretty well! Out of all my extended family, we were closest with the Winder cousins. How do you know her? Small world...

brees said...

That is so funny! Poor Katelyn, she is the odd girl out!

Marianne said...

Nice resolution skills! Ours pretty much echos Bill Cosby, who as a parents says, "I don't want justice, I JUST WANT QUIET!!"

Linda Barton said...

Shelly,
Aimee Winder was my BFF in Elementary! I'll tell you about it sometime, it's funny! We both grew up on Canal Raod. Are you still close?