My tree is finally decorated! I am happy with how it turned out, I did it different this year. The hardest thing was Tyler was so excited to decorate it, he wanted to put absolutely everything we own on the tree. I caved in and put a few of the most sentimental ornaments on. I wish I had a good way to post a pic of it. It is purple, black and silver(very Christmasy, I know).
I am one of those crazy people who need to finish up shopping still! I am having a hard time finding one or two things. So, I'll be out and about this weekend while sane people are inside um...roasting chestnuts...er something.
We have some fun family traditions at Christmas time. Every Christmas Eve, we end up spending time with both families. We meet early with mine, and late with Brent's. It's crazy, but a lot of fun. Brent's family lives high in the hills of Herriman( up a dirt road and around the corner). Every year we decide if we need to be picked up at the bottom of the hill with a car with 4 wheel drive, or if we brave it up the hill in our mini-van. We have been stuck in snow and been towed out more than once. It's usually 2:00 in the morning when we get home. The kids are so exhausted that they drop into bed and wake up around 7:00 a.m.
I'd love for you to comment and tell me your favorite traditions. It's fun to hear what every one does at Christmas.
4 comments:
I don't know if getting stuck in the snow and towed out is quite a "fun" family tradition... :) We always open new jammies Christmas Eve before going to bed. We also watch a "The Santa Clause" and have eggnog! I can't wait for next week!
It seems like all our traditions are 1)eat too much, 2)get too many presents, 3)sleep at random times, and 4)eat too much again. Other than that, we don't have too many 'set' traditions! :) We may have to make 'rock band' a new tradition!
Getting stuck in the snow is pretty fun because we are prepared for it. We call Brent's dad who comes down the mountain with the tow strap thingy. We aren't stuck long, but sliding nearly off a mountain side is at the least...exciting. Besides, Christmas to me isn't about fun with family, it's about doing the same thing over and over...j/k
I liked MC's quote about Christmas is compuslory, like a thunderstorm, you wait it out together. (something like that I think.)
I may see you out shopping this weekend. I have had a hard time finding time to get it all done this year. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!! Oh I'm finally going to answer your question. I went to North Sanpete High School.
Post a Comment