Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Vap-O-Huh?

A big shout out to my friend Lisl who told me about Vic's vapOrub.(emphasis on the 'O')

Apparently, if your kids are coughing uncontrollably, you slather the stuff on the bottom of their feet, put on some socks and ....wah-lah!!! They stop coughing. Weird, but I googled it and many people know it, too. I just did it again for Tyler and he fell right back to sleep after nights of severe coughing.

Ode' to vapOrub... j/k

Now the magic trick for me going back to sleep?........ um......the 'off ' button on my computer...

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Linda, why are you posting at 4 am? You're supposed to be sleeping! I'm going to try your trick, though. Anything from that awesome Lisl has got to be good.

Shelley said...

I love Vaporub...but have never tried it on the feet! I will have to remember that one for next time. I hope you get a nap today!

Jenni said...

You are so on top of things! Blogging after interuppted sleep to lather my kids FEET with VapOrub just isn't a thought that would register in my mind at 3:51 AM (Partly because my computer is in my bedroom and my husband might not forgive me...) :)
Anyway, thanks for the info! I'll have to remember that next time we need a coughing remedy!

Nate said...

Ode to Linda:

She writes poetry on her blog,
when she should be cleaning up after Brent the slob;

She sits you in a chair to cut your hair,
and she always has diet coke to spare;

I know her dirty laundry, but she knows mine,
this makes us get along just fine; (or else...)

Her smiles and laughs brighten the room,
And we now know on Sundays she does more than spoon;

and as a mom, she is the bomb,
even though when I was little she made up the I hate Nate song.


Love ya sis! (you too Brent...I had to rhyme something--I know who the messy one is)

You should delete this comment and make it a post to see what your friends can add.