Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lessons from outer space

When will I learn?.....


Driving is the car I thought it would be funny to ask Tyler a question....

Mom: "Tyler, do you know why boys go to mars?"

Tyler: "no why?"

Mom: "Boys go to mars to get more candy bars!" Tyler starts laughing.

Mom: "Tyler, do you know why boys go to Jupiter?"

Tyler: (still giggling) "no why?"

Mom: " Boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider!!!"

Tyler: (laughing harder, stops and pauses...) "Mom, why do boys go to Venus?"

Mom, Dad and Jared laugh hysterically..... conversation over.

16 comments:

Jenni said...

Good call on ending that conversation, Mom! Next time it comes up you can tell him "Boys go to Venus to become a genius." That works, doesn't it???

Linda Barton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Barton said...

Nice....nice.....

I couldn't think that fast. With all of the laughter, I was at a loss for rhymes, er... most of them....

Nate said...

to become a great pianist?

Linda Barton said...

nice one....

see, I used to be a fast thinker, now, not so much...

Marianne said...

Ha ha! That's awesome. I love Jenni's comment, but we all KNOW what you three were thinking! :)

Jill said...

That is hilarious!! You should send that one into Reader Digest...(does anyone read that any more?)

Shelley said...

Dr. Suess would be so proud...

Shauna said...

LOVE IT! We don't have conversations like that at our house because we only have girls and try not to think about going to Venus!

Shauna said...

OOPS! Sorry for the "PG-13" comment!

Unknown said...

so funny!! You have to be careful playing the rhyming game. My mom learned her lesson when she was in the store with my brother David and had him saying words that rhymed with duck. :)

Mia said...

Oh my gosh, I am laughing so hard! I just read all the comments, too. Whew! Now I can get on with my day.

CrazyCow said...

Linda you are a hoot. I love all your poems. So talented..... Autumn likes to tell the story about the coke and the Chinese guy and the joke. Remember that one? Her cousin Bubba told her that. So proud.

Linda Barton said...

Hey Crazy, I don't know the story 'bout the coke and the Chinese guy.....do tell....

Carrie said...

Oh my, my that is hilarious.

Rachel said...

That is way to funny!! Thanks for the laugh.