Sunday, July 5, 2009

Rumor control

Hmmm.... I am feeling a little left out. All my friends are getting rumors started about them. I'm not "engaged", or have "swine flu". I am thinking about starting some rumors about me and my fam so we don't feel left out. So I came up with a few acceptable, plausible rumors:
1. Pregnancy- that's always good for a few awkward moments
2. Moving-That won't work, we've tried to move twice and it didn't work.
3. No, I didn't get a boob job.
4. I could start a rumor that I actually died from exhaustion.....
Okay, I can't think of any more. However, if if you can think of one and leave it on my comments, the winner will get bragging rights for the best rumor idea!

8 comments:

Crystal said...

I have one: Linda Barton and her family make the best chocolate chip cookies! Although, this is actually true so does it count as a rumor?
Thanks for the cookies! As Micah put it, "Mmmmm. These cookies are YUM!" You're awesome!
Or maybe you could start a rumor that you became a Ute fan! Nah, that's too unbelievable. (But hopefully made you smile.)

Marianne said...

I agree w/ Crystal about the cookies. Maybe you could start a rumor that your kids are SO CUTE that random people take pictures of them in public places. (oh wait, that one's true...)

Jenni said...

I'm still waiting to sing a song with the word "bosom" in Sacrament Meeting. I'd be fun to start a rumor that Linda peed her...skirt while leading a song that included the word "bosom". Still waiting! ;)

Shelley said...

Well, Brent did throw out his back yesterday...right? Apparently there are some rumors floating around about how he did that. ;) Seriously, you scarred your poor brother-in-law for life.

Nate said...

I heard that Linda has a secret hair fetish. And after people leave her shop, she picks up the cut hair and smells it for an hour. Sometimes she'll even take it out of the garbage for a second round if it has been a while.

Linda Barton said...

Nate,
nice...that's what I'm talkin'about!

Nate said...

I knew I could come through. I left out the part where you secretly rub Rogaine on Brent's back when he's sleeping because you think back hair is the best kind...because I wasn't sure if you wanted that public.

Heather said...

What about... Linda kicked the can? The diet Coke kind, that is!