
I've never been a "camper". The first time I went to girls camp as an adult, I realized I got extremely claustrophobic in tents. When I was laying in my sleeping bag, I felt trapped like bear food in a sack. Every little noise through out the night brought new images of what was lurking between me and my nylon tent. So, when the bishop asked if I would help with camp this year, naturally I said, "SURE!" (I broke my rule of think twice, speak once)
So, last night I awoke from a nightmare where rat-like bird things were crawling all over me trying to bite me. Sure, this time I'll be in a big cabin with hot showers, but I still am getting the feeling I am in over my head. I mean, what's so great about camping? The best thing for me is Katelyn will be there, so I guess I'll have to be brave. (sigh)
6 comments:
You're right Linda...there is nothing great about camping.
Especially when you live in a place that severe thunderstorms (the type which make tornadoes) pop up out of the blue at 2:00AM during father's and sons. (we rode it out in the tent)
Oh wait, there was that other time I went camping where Austin threw up in his sleeping bag in the middle of the night. That was awesome too.
--am I being a downer?
From one person who hates camping to another, this experience shows how brave you are to tackle something terrible and unpleasant. Good for you! And bring along some Jim Gaffigan thoughts with you, it will help a lot! :)
I absolutely love camping, so the only thing I would be worried about would be all the teenage girls and their hormones and crazy stunts. (I remember my days at girl's camp all too well). You will have a great time and I am sure Katelyn will love having you there with her!
You will have a blast. It will be fun having Katelynn there. I am with you on the camping thing though... when I first got put in YW I thought, "I HATED camp when I was a YW." Then we got spoiled and got to stay in an awesome cabin where I had my own bed and bath. This year was stake tent camp, DARN IT, I was pregnant and couldnt go!!!!
Where are the hot showers? Sounds like it's not "real" camping... :) I hope you have a great time, it makes for some awesome memories!
Amen - roughing it is a motel with no room service.
- Rekehl
Post a Comment