Sunday, August 30, 2009

insomnia and soccer

At what point do you fall asleep sitting up from lack of sleep?

Today Ty had his first soccer game. We new he would be good, but no one could have predicted exactly how great he would be. He scored 8 goals. He would have scored more but Brent had to keep rotating him out to give the other team a chance. In the first 2 min of the 2nd half, he scored three goals in a row. Ahhhhh, like mother, like son....j/k
After the game, some people in the crowd started chanting "MVP......MVP......MVP!" Sure, it was Jared and Katelyn but still..... that counts, right?

Pictures will come later, my camera battery died.

7 comments:

Shelley said...

Yeah, I thought you were headed to bed. And here you are blogging. Then again, I was headed to bed and I just got done blogging too. Oh well.

I'm glad Tyler had such a great first soccer game. He has been so excited about it for so long. We will definitely need to come see him play sometime. And I am not surprised he was so good. I told Glenn that you guys are "Athlete-Breeders." ;)

Marianne said...

Ha ha! Katelyn and Jared sure are wonderful to their little bro. I'm not surprised he is good. Thank goodness Brent rotated him so he didn't cream the other team! You're so lucky to have such athletically talented children.

Rekehl Johnson said...

It's in the genes. Watch out, soon he'll be like Jared working with BYU coaches. You need to practice the scream "GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL" after he makes one. Your voice might become a little tired after saying it so many times in a game.

- Rekehl

(3:47 AM???? Of course, I have been known to pull some late ones too, but I've taken the posted by time off my blog so no one would know... I suggest Nyquil.)

Jill said...

wow! looks like you have another superstar in the making! How fun!

PS you could always ask Michael Jacksons doctor to give you a few shots to help you sleep!

Jenni said...

Awesome! He's a natural athlete!!! Can't wait for more games. Trevan is so excited!!!

Linda Barton said...

K-- I found out at what point you fall asleep sitting up... during a fabulous lesson by Annie in RS. SORRY!

Carrie said...

Sleep is overrated. Awesome Job Tyler.