I've really been trying to give serious thought to my New Year slash old year recap post. So, I've decided that in looking back, I will recap some of the most important lessons I learned in 2008.
2008 started with me going of of blood thinners and regaining my appetite(good and bad) I am grateful for Western medicine that saved my life after the birth of our youngest. I hope that the next time I am that close to death I am old and don't come back! It was a scary 6 months for my family. That being said, never in my life have I been able to learn more about myself and my Savior, and the Gospel. All three of which I learned to love more. Throughout the various trials of my faith that I have been blessed with I have learned many things. One is, The Lord never leaves us. He wants us to repent always and be worthy of His help. I especially learned how to listen to the Spirit and the promptings that will come.
We have 3 seasons in my house, Basketball, softball/baseball, and football. The year was busy with all three. We had a few trips to St. George, but the highlight was our trip to Omaha, Nebraska. I know, you're thinking you can see boring for free! I had never been to that part of the country...it was green and beautiful. The night we were driving was the night of a huge tornado that killed 4 boy scouts in Little Sou ix, Iowa. (which was very close to our hotel) Driving into tornado conditions is scary. We pulled off the road to wait out the storm. We were grateful to be behind schedule with our 15 hour drive or it would have been more dangerous.(which is even a longer story but makes me again realize the Lord's hand in our lives)
Summer was over before we knew it. Next was football season....nothing good to report. But I learned that every day is opportunity to be a better person. To forgive quickly, return good for evil, and most important...everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt. I continue to work on these things and am happy to say, it gets easier!
The holidays were fun, blah, blah, blah.....j/k
I've learned:
-life is short and precious (who uses words like precious?)
-it CAN get worse and it's okay
-what would Jesus do? is not a silly question your dad used to ask but something we should ponder and strive for.
-I like blogging
So, there's the scary insight into my life, here's to 2009! (if I could drink, I'd raise a glass)
5 comments:
It has been a crazy year for your family...but I am glad you pulled through and everything worked itself out. It is truly amazing what we can learn during our hardest trials. Here's to a great 2009! *Insert clinking glasses together noise here* :)
precious? Gollum does. GIVE ME BACK MY PRECIOUS!!!!!
I love "it can get worse and its okay"
I adore you.
Awesome Linda. It COULD be worse, you could be the ward (fill in the blank here). Oh WAIT, you already are! I will remember that for pulling me out of my slump. How about, in 2008, I got to talk to Linda and see her amazing sense of humor. That one should be at the top of everyone's ist.
Nate,
Who is Gollum?
Post a Comment