Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Help!! I need Resolutions!

For 5 or so years now I haven't been making New Year's resolutions for several reasons. Obviously if I wanted to loose weight I'd have done it by now.(besides, when I loose it, it always finds me again) Generally, I do a decent job of studying the scriptures, praying, ect. Although I strive to improve daily, I am happy with myself in general.(I am not being arrogant, really) I just don't like to set goals and fail by February, which is usually how it went with me. I respect people who set New Year goals, I admire even more their accomplishments. That is why I am calling on my bloggin' wonderful friends for a favor. I would like you to help me set my New Years resolutions.

Here are the rules:

-I'm not quite ready to give up diet coke =)

-If you say "loose weight" my resolution will be find new friends (hee-hee)

-I am fairly "un-offendable" (except rules 1 and 2). So go ahead and be honest (gulp!)

A few suggestions:

I'd secretly like to run a 5K. I run slash walk on my treadmill 2-3 miles 3 times a week so maybe I could work up to it.

my husband and I go on a date once a year (whether we need to or not) so strengthening marriage ideas are good.

I want to get my concealed weapons permit but don't know how.

Now, these are just suggestions, but I really need the originality that you awesome bloggers have.
I put this in your capable hands....thank you for your thoughtful consideration.
My year depends on you! (no pressure)

12 comments:

Marianne said...

Okay, here's my input, run a 5K with your husband whilest slugging along an AK-47. You can high-five each other at the end, toasting with dc. 3 goals in one, accomplished. Marriage, enriched. dc, celebrated. Just don't shoot me for my comments! :) Love ya!

Nate said...

A CCW permit in Utah is easy. Go to almost any gun store/range. There is a 3 hour class that costs about $60-$100. They prepare your paperwork, fingerprints, etc. Send the papers and a $60 fee to the State. It's good for 5 years and has a $10 renewal.

-I'll think of resolutions. I just thought I'd get my sister packin first.

Nate said...

Also, the UT permit is honored in 27 states.

Shelley said...

Maybe your once a year date could be getting your concealed weapons permit together! What a romantic date!

Nate said...

Learn to ride a motorcycle.

Nate said...

Do that one thing for Brent that you almost never do--at least 5 times this year...and once, 2 days in a row.

Because we all know he deserves it.


--I don't know what that is...and I don't want to think about it, but I know there has to be something. Every man has something to fill in on that one.

Crystal said...

Become a Utah fan! Just wearing red makes everyone feel better!
:)

Carrie said...

I will email you a 5 k training schedule, sign up for the Salt Lake 5K in April and run it. ( Last year,I passed a 60 year slightly balding man, I am sure you can too.) Mark knows all about concealed weapons permits,( I will have him email you). Lets take a fun class, cooking, shooting, parent coping skills for 5 year smart pants.

Jen V said...

I realize we are back door neighbors to each other - and we have never met - my bad. Hello, my name is Jen Vietti and I am Lorenne's sister - so nice to meet you. Anyway...

New Years Resolutions... to me they are like celebrating Valentines Day. When you are single, VDay makes you feel miserable and alone - and when you are married you are pressured into 'showing your undying love' for your husband - when really, you should be showing him how much you love him every single day of your life. BUNK. New Years resolutions? Bunk as well. If you are going to do something - do it -don't wait for a 'new year'.

IF you want to commit to a resolution, a 5K is an easy start. My neice is deaf, she asked my family to sign up for an ADC 1 mile Fun Run or 5K to benefit her school. Of course, I signed Patrick and the 3 kids up for the Fun Run and going 'all out' like I always do, I signed up for the 5K. Let me preface this with the fact that I had just had a baby - and with all the complications after my baby was born - I almost died 4 times in 7 days - coupled with the fact that I absolutely HATE to excersize - and did zero training for the 5K. I still came in at a pretty good time - so if you are doing any sort of cardio on a regular basis - a 5K is a piece of cake!!

Linda Barton said...

Hey Jen, thanks for stopping by. I love Lorenne! she told me she thought we'd get along. Lorenne and I became good friends when our dads died 3 weeks apart unexpectedly. (my dad was 53) We should chat.

I have loved the input from everyone! Keep it coming! I need all the help I can get!

Tammy said...

I think that you should have another boy:)

The Chattermanns said...

Obviously, you should make "going on dates with the hubby" your resolution. It's so important. Chad and I get out once a week, most weeks. It's so good for our friendship. Really. And our sanity. It's like those wonderful little orange earplugs...just a little something else you can do to make things nicer. Good luck.