Ever had one of those days? I am constantly amazed at the noise level in my house. With the extremely loud boys and crashing cars and toys, and (I adore her....however,) Katelyn has.. let's just say a LOUD voice that carries. ( carries in a horrific way to pierce the center of my ear drum!) Anyhow, it was dinner time and my nerves were shot. I lovingly placed the beef strouganoff on the table with the yummy asiago cheese artisan bread from Harmons bakery and I really wanted to enjoy my meal. I went to my newly organized phone desk drawer and pulled out two of the most beautiful ear plugs I had ever seen. I took my hair out of the poly-tail (for camouflage purposes) and put in the heaven sent noise reduction devices. Dinner was nice. I could still hear everything I needed to all the while my ear drums were protected by my new neon orange friends. Half way through dinner Jared started laughing a little and (he has always been my fav....I mean a great boy) stifled his emotion and kept my dirty little secret. Thanks....there will be a little something extra in your allowance this week Jared!
By the end of the meal, I had had enough quiet and took them out. I highly recommend this to anyone who needs a little less noise in their ears for a moment. Trust me, everything is still loud enough to hear, but stifled enough to enjoy. Try it, you might like it.
5 comments:
So what your saying it, If you can't beat um' you can at least plug your ears so you don't want too. lol I might have to get some for the car! My girls also have the gift of strong voice projection!
You are BRILLIANT!!! I am SO getting ear plugs on my next WalMart adventure!
Tee hee! I think you stole this idea from Jon and Kate plus 8. (They wear their's in the car while driving!) I'm totally going to try it, at birthday parties, at the swimming pool, at church...(whoops, where did that last one come from?) :)
I think I would be tempted to never take them out again...
I'm getting some for the car
Post a Comment