Don't blog angry...good advice. I'm not so much angry as insulted.....
Yesterday at the Inauguration of President Barack Obama at the end there was a benediction. I don't even know the guy who did it, nor do I wish to give his name a mention. At the end of his so-called prayer he had a little "poem" which basically went like this.
"May the black no longer have to sit in the back,
May the brown get to hang around,
May the yellow keep it mellow,
May the red-man get ahead man,
and may the white finally see the right."
I have never been racist. I find it completely deplorable. But if you listen closely to the people who scream and cry about racism...generally they are putting down white people. Isn't that discrimination? We live in the United States of America. I love our country. It truly is the land of opportunity. I am not an eloquent orator. Things sound better in my head than when I read them on paper. Racism is about hate. I would dare guess that white racists are in the minority, that being said, isn't that last sentence in the "prayer" racist?
It's just my two cents...I'm tired of people saying that I am racist when in fact....I am not. And I would guess, neither are you.
5 comments:
I didn't hear that "benediction", thank goodness. We all know that 'all men aren't created equal'. Some of us are taller, shorter, faster, slower, quicker learners, slower learners, etc etc... When are we going to embrace our differences, and embrace the differences of OTHERS as well? Yeesh. (When you have to put someone else down to make your point, you have already lost the argument.)
I heard that and was surprised by what he said too. Not only was it "racist" in my opinion, but it was plain STUPID sounding! I mean, come on...this is at the Presidential Inauguration and he sounds like Dr. Suess!
I agree- 100%! It's sad to see others talking about acceptance when they do not accept others. Talk about backwards!
I guess I missed that part. (Good thing.) I second everything you said though.
I was puzzled and thought "Where did they find this guy?" The poem certainly showed a lack of class and education
Post a Comment