Friday, November 21, 2008

Just a quickie

I may be the only one who didn't see Twilight last night ( my daughter informs me). Was it good? Would you take your daughter to see it? I need a little help from my Bloggies...Please???

5 comments:

Marianne said...

How do you feel about letting your little ones see PG-13 rated movies? I liked it, but I am over 30. (WARNING: personal OPINION following) I may be old fashioned, but I wouldn't let my kid under 13 go see it. Then again, I'm one of those who wouldn't let my non-teen read the books either. Good luck with that one!

Shelley said...

You're not alone, I didn't see it either last night. But based on the books, I wouldn't be comfortable letting my teens and especially not quite teens see it.

Heather said...

Most of my friends know that I have strong opinions about this... I wonder, is there an age where it's OK to watch questionable material? :)

heidirees said...

I saw it and I think I would take my daughter (if I had one) to see it. I found the movie to be far less intimate than the books are. There was really not much questionable language and there was a few parts with the bad vampires that could maybe be scary. The kiss scene was a little bit make out like, but I think you could see worse on TV (her outfit is kind of like a hanes commercial). It might make a good jumping off point to discuss what's appropriate or inappropriate. Just my 2 cents.

Linda Barton said...

I finally read the book. I appreciate everyone being willing to share an opinion. PG means parental guidance. I decided to read the book because I couldn't guide as a parent without it. (never mind the fact she has read all of the books) I have to admit, I am still undecided. I liked the story, and it is a good way to talk to kids about resisting temtations. I liked a lot of things about the story.
Although, as a mom, I can't help but think if it were my daughter, why is she so attracted to danger? Seems like a no-brainer...good thing it's FICTION, right?