Thursday, November 6, 2008

Why I don't clean

Last night, I was up late cleaning my bedroom like a mad woman. I took advice from Marianne and did the 27 Fling Boogie. I got in my closet and threw out 27 things, except I think I was up to 40 by the time I went through Brent's stuff. (don't tell him, I don't think he'll miss his ugly favorite shirts!) Consequently, I am dragging today. If I sit down I start to fall asleep. (Here's my point) My Tyler is a snow monkey. He loves it! I think he was frolicking yesterday, he was so happy. Well, I am sitting on my couch and I woke right up and thought I should check on Ty. Sure enough, he was outside throwing snowballs at cars. (actually, for a 5 year old, he has a great arm. He can get the cars on the opposite side of the street. Also, surprisingly, he has impeccable timing.) So, I scolded him, told him to stop blah, blah,blah, and went back inside. Two seconds later I checked on him again...sure enough, he hit a truck on the opposite side of the street. I am pretty sure the truck didn't notice, but I am mortified! If my son hit your car, I apologize! I yelled at him to come inside, he immediately starts into freaking out! He tried to bite me and I flicked his mouth....he wailed! After I did it, I thought, what if someone saw me. It sounded a lot worse than it was. I may need some friends to vouch for me if Child Protective Services knocks on my door. To make s short story long...this is why I don't clean.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I saw your little snow monkey in the act yesterday! He didn't get my car though! ;) Hey, I am willing to let my kids get away with almost anything when I REALLY need a nap.

Mia said...

Oh my gosh, I loved that.