I am responding to Marianne's tag...with a twist. I decided to put all the things we say that if taken literally wouldn't make sense.. Here goes:
-cry your eyes out
-knock yourself out
-break a leg
-sleep tight
-you crack me up
-bite the bullet
-get away with murder(except if you are O.J.)hee hee
-on the same page
-apple of my eye
-kick the bucket
-right off the bat
-backseat driver
- the ball is in your court
-behind the 8 ball
-blow the whistle
-call the shots
-he's in left field
-go to bat for someone
-hit below the belt
-take the wild out your sails
-never mind
-get the lead out
-I've got to get this off my chest
my personal favorite:
-holy crap
Feel free to tell me more! Or start a list of your own.
Have a great day!
8 comments:
Just my 'unbiased opinion', but I think its a 'definite maybe' that 'you rock'! (Do you? rock?) 'Good grief' that was too easy! There, I got to use my favorite ones!
I wished I could say that this entry was so funny that it made me "pee my pants" or made me "die laughing"...but I'm not there yet.
Maybe I just need to go "hit the sack" but if I'm lucky I'll get to "roll in the hey" first.
While thinking this way I just figured out that it is even funnier if you do it with derogatory names that you would use for people. But I won't post the main ones that I'm thinking...because using that language would make me a "douche-bag"
--sorry about this comment sis...at least I'm laughing.
I'm so impressed that you came up with such a big list!! Just thinking about it makes me "tired as all get out!"...for Pete's sake, I should be able to think!"...wait, this isn't so hard after all. lol
Uncle Nate,
What does that word mean that you typed on my moms blog?
Love, your favorite sweet, innocent niece,
Katelyn
j/k it was linda...for future reference naughty words are spelled @#%**%!@ thanks=)
How about "Party Pooper" :)
Hahahahahaha. Ewww, that's gross.
that was the nicest of all the bad names going through my mind.
It isn't my fault...every bad word I know I learned from you Linda.
true...true nate
Post a Comment