Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Remember when....

Today I have been looking back fondly on some nice memories.

I Remember When:
- I slept through the night. The only thing that woke me up was Brent putting him arm around me to snuggle with me. (too sweet, I know)
-I showered every day =) . I still shower, it's just sometimes late, late at night when nobody needs me anymore.
-I told Brent I would never be one of those women who stopped wearing make-up because they weren't going anywhere. Sorry Brent. =I
-I could remember anything like....oh, I forgot.
-I felt sane more than insane.
-my kids didn't think I was an ATM.
-my kids would do anything for a quarter, or if I timed them.
-I thought 30 was REALLY old. Now I am almost closer to 40 than 30.
-I thought it was so hard to have 2 kids, I couldn't imagine how to take care of more. Between Brent and I our laps were full.
-I turned 21. I was finally old enough to gamble, only by this point I realized it was
a waste of money.
-my brakes went out in my car and I cried and cried because it was expensive to fix it.
-when getting my brakes fixed, the headlight also went out, I thought it was the epitome of poor. My parents had a new car every 2 years. I didn't think their headlights ever went out. That's officially when I new I was on my own...and poor.(with Brent, of course)
-we moved in our first apartment with no couch or dinning table, we thought all we needed was love =)...good times.
-5 days later, we realized we needed a couch.

Feel free to send me your fond memories too. It's fun to think about how much things have changed.

5 comments:

Shelley said...

I remember when we typed everything on a typewriter and how excited we were when we got our first computer when I was in 6th grade! Now I can't imagine life without one.

Marianne said...

I remember all those too! I remember when a loaf of bread was too big for N8 and I to finish in a week. Now it may last one whole day, if we're lucky!

Jill said...

I remember when I thought having a waitressing job at JB's was hard work...now 12 years and four kids later I realize how easy life was..but not as fun. :-)

Oh, and BTW you can let your hubby know that you aren't the only one who goes with out make up from time to time...you saw ME today!!!

Carrie said...

I remember when my kids took naps and I got things done. Now I just nap with them.
I really liked your sanity comment

Aimee said...

I remember when I thought having one kid was hard. Ha! Four kids later I feel like one (or two, or even three) would be a piece of cake!! It's all relative.