I don't know if you can tell, but I am typing on my newly returned, from Gateway repairs, computer. YEAHHH!!!! I feel different some how.....
Since I feel different, I am blogging in a different way today...
Since it's Sunday(bearly), my thoughts have been directed to the hymns(I am the chorister). I love the hymns, they are sung to help us feel the Spirit, to renew our faith, to express our testimonies and many other reasons. One hymn I am particularly fond of is "How Firm a Foundation". Many times as I have sung that song, I felt like it was written for me.
How firm a foundation, ye Saints of the lord,
Is laid for your faith in his excellent word!
What more can I say than to you he hath said,
Who unto the Savior for refuge have fled?
In every condition- in sickness and health,
In poverty's vale or abounding in wealth,
At home or abroad, on the land or the sea,
as thy days may demand. so thy succor shall be.
Fear not, I am with thee oh;be not dismayed.
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid.
I'll strengthen thee, help thee and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by my righteous omnipotent hand.
I personally have relied heavily on the words in the last verse. I have personally felt the strength that only came from God helping me to stand. I have personally felt the joy that came after realizing that the Lord was by my side and I did not need to be afraid.
I hope my friends have felt it too. If not, rely on others testimony while you search for your own. The Lord is there, waiting for us to turn to Him. The 7th verse (which is of course, never sung) says:
The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose
I will not, I cannot, desert to his foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I'll never, no never, no never forsake!
The words uplift me every time I read or sing the song. I hope it will uplift you too. Happy Sunday!
5 comments:
Thank you Linda! That was really nice to read and feel today.
Love it! That's one of my favorites too. Since you're chorister, could you request that everyone sings up to the 7th verse?
Thanks for sharing that Linda. I love the hymns too. Sometimes it's nice to be able to focus on the words.
Wow- I decided last Sunday that that is my new favorite! Thanks for your thoughts.
How Firm a Foundation is actually the Primary Song for next month. Thank you for the uplifting message.
Post a Comment